Everyone is curious to know about the most expensive company in the world. Some expensive businesses that come to mind are Apple, Microsoft, and Amazon. While these expensive companies are on our list, some companies will surprise you! Some of the largest corporations in the world have experienced severe stock market losses in 2022. The likes of the companies we referenced are still at the top of the list of the most valuable corporations in the world, but in certain cases, oil giants, pharmaceutical industry titans, and conglomerates are rivaling and surpassing them.
In making this list, we have used the latest market cap data to derive the ranking of these companies. Market cap, also known as market capitalization, is a measure of a company’s value derived from the sum of all its shares’ market values. Without further ado.
Here Is the List of the Most Expensive Companies Around the World:
- Apple Inc. The market capitalization of Apple surpassed the $2.7 trillion mark in January 2022, making it the world’s most valuable company as of that day. Experts have determined its worth to be $355 billion. Steve Jobs, Ronald Wayne, and Steve Wozniak founded the business on April 1st, 1976. The company’s first projects included constructing home computers and designing unique PC models. The firm now sells a variety of products, including tablets, laptops, smartwatches, smartphones, and more. However, superior quality, fashionable design, and a smart marketing strategy by Steve Jobs are the distinguishing features of “Apple” products appeal.
- Saudi Arabian Oil Company (Saudi Aramco). With a $2.17 trillion market valuation, Saudi Aramco, located in Saudi Arabia, is the second-largest company in the world. In terms of revenue, Saudi Aramco is among the most expensive companies in the world. Additionally, this company is the greatest daily producer of oil globally. However, Saudi Aramco reported a decline in earnings in 2020 compared to the prior year, indicating that the worldwide pandemic had a very hefty toll on the corporation.
- Microsoft. Microsoft currently has a market worth of $1.94 trillion, making it the third most expensive business in the world after generating $161 billion in revenue and $60.6 billion in profit in 2021. Bill Gates and Paul Allen founded Microsoft, a U.S. business with headquarters in Redmond, Washington, in 1975. The Windows range of operating systems, MS Office package, Edge web browsers, and Internet Explorer are some of Microsoft’s most well-known software products.
- Alphabet Inc. With a market valuation of $1.43 trillion, Alphabet Inc., the parent company of Google established in 2015, is the fourth largest corporation in the world. The expensive business is based in Mountain View, California. Alphabet is the third-largest technology corporation in the world by sales and one of the most valuable companies in the world.
- Amazon Inc. With a market valuation of $1.30 trillion, Amazon ranks fifth among the largest companies in the world. Although on January 7, 2019, Amazon passed its rival, Microsoft, to become the most costly business in the world for the first time. It now marks the end of the top 5 most valuable firms ranking. Amazon was founded in 1994 in the Washington garage of its founder Jeff Bezos. An American company called Amazon sells a range of goods online and sends them to clients. The American multinational technology company’s main services include cloud computing, e-commerce, artificial intelligence, and digital streaming.